2013-10-20

My last days in Rethymnon















"Melancholy were the sounds on a winter's night." (Virginia Woolf)

As the summer slowly ends and the breeze whiffing in my face gets colder, a melancholic atmosphere has come over Rethymnon. More and more restaurants and shops are closed, the streets are deserted at night and even during the day very little people can be spotted on the beach promenade. The season has come to an end and I have 5 more days to stock up on some sunshine during the days before I take out my winter clothes and return to a quite different climate in Vienna.

This is the time to think about future paths, possibilities and opportunities but no matter how you may twist and turn it, I do have too many summer clothes to permanently stay in Vienna....

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen