2015-02-12

The Valencia Adventure - Peculiarities of my everyday life in Spain

Whenever you travel to a foreign country, there are of course things that are a bit different from the way they are at home. Usually I realize those things within the first few days because afterwards I somehow get used to the new way and I don't even notice the difference anymore. So here is a few things that are part of my everyday life in Spain that I don't really have at home.
First of all, the climate is a bit different. It is generally a bit warmer than at home, no snow, a lot of sunshine, but it's still just February so it doesn't really feel like spring yet. Although outside it is sunny, inside the house it is usually a lot colder and that's because there is no pre-installed heating in the flats. So that's why it can get quite chilly at night. Luckily my landlord brought me a little "califactor" (radiator) the first day but given the size of the room, it doesn't really have enough power to heat up the entire place. So for now, my radiator follows me around the room like a little puppy - wherever I go, it comes with me, from the desk to the bed, to the sofa to the desk again...

Secondly, I just realized again how much I love the drinks here. Cheap fresh orange juice wherever you go, the newly discovered Horchata that I fell in love with and also the fruit juices with milk that you can buy in supermarkets (Zumo de Frutas y leche). Can't get enough of it!!!

And there is one more thing I realized: People are a lot friendlier here than they are back home. In the supermarket they help you by putting your groceries right into your shopping bag while you look for right amount of money and they call you cute little names like "Cariño" or "Bonita".

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen